Trump Signals More Iran Strikes as Hormuz Tensions Keep Oil Supply Risks Elevated
U.S. President Donald Trump on May 15, 2026, warned Iran that Washington’s patience was running out and said military action against Iranian forces was “to be continued,” raising concerns that the U.S. could intensify pressure after talks in China. Trump said on Truth Social that strikes on Iran’s military were among his administration’s achievements. In a Fox News interview, he said Iran “should have made a deal” and suggested the U.S. could “bomb again,” while downplaying the urgency of securing Iran’s enriched uranium stockpile as partly a public relations issue. U.S. Central Command chief Brad Cooper told the Senate on May 14 that Iran’s military capabilities had been weakened but Tehran retained attack capacity. The Strait of Hormuz remains under strain after Iran blocked routes following the war’s outbreak in late February. Before the conflict, about one-fifth of global oil and LNG supply moved through the waterway. The U.S. House on May 14 rejected a resolution limiting Trump’s authority to use force against Iran in a 212-212 vote.